Thursday, October 28, 2010

Rockin Mama! Laci Friend....and her Sugar Fairy business




I feel like I am so blessed and always meeting amazing mamas. I want to start featuring various Rockin' Mamas on my blog and share their stories with you. You never know when you need a little somethin', somethin' from a Rockin' Mama! Raising kiddos today and running a business is no small task. Sometimes it's completely exhausting! All of the ROCKIN' MAMA's featured will primarily be women that have started their own business or run a business while staying at home. It is definitely something I can relate to right now and I'm so curious how other women keep a balance between work and kiddos. Maybe it is the never ending quest for women to find that balance...we try...but for some reason or another we feel like we always fall short. What do you think? I would love to hear your experiences and have a little fun. If you would like to be featured or know a ROCKIN' MAMA who should be, drop me a e-mail to be considered :) info@LHardinPhoto.com. Thanks and Enjoy!

Our first ROCKIN' MAMA is our very own LACI FRIEND...

"Mother love is the fuel that enables a normal human being to do the impossible."
-Marion C. Garretty

Multi-talented Laci Friend, is my sweet sales consultant. If you take pictures with L. Hardin Portrait Design you will meet with her to choose your images. She also runs the SUGAR FAIRY and is mother of three! Not to mention many, many other things...

*Please tell us about your business and how you developed the concept for it? My business is called The Sugar Fairy...it is an at home bakery where we specialize in sweet treats that taste good and are customized to fit your party, event and personality. The Sugar Fairy offers gourmet cup-e-dee cakes, designer cakes, cake/brownie/cheesecake lollipops, decorated sugar cookies and all varieties of mini desserts and drop cookies.

*How did you choose your business name? I actually started with a different name, but it was way to stuffy and serious for me, so I changed it to The Sugar Fairy...I want people to feel magical and special when they receive treats from us. I also want them to think that the food for their event was so easy, no stress on them at all, like waving a magic (fairy) wand and that they were a perfect fit, just what they dreamed of, and of course the "sparkle."

*What makes your business so fabulous and awesome?? Well, I have had many sugary treats in my time...in fact I think I should have a degree in sugar consumption and I would graduate with honors...I would skip a meal for a good cookie! I have always felt either something tasted amazing but looked, well not so cute, or it looked amazing but it should have stayed on the table, because taste was sacrificed. My number one goal is to have both...it has to look amazing but it has to taste just as good!

*What are some of the "Hot" trends in your business? Cupcakes are a super hot trend that I hope stays around. They are so cute and delicious, with all of the flavor varieties , and so easy and pain free at an event to serve, The Lollipops are also a "new" concept and super cute!

*How many sweeties do you have and what are their names and ages? I have 3 little cupcakes at my house! Carter is almost 11, Cade is 7, and Ms. Ella is 3. They are my sweetest treasure!

* What is your favorite thing to do as a Rockin' Mama to relax and unwind? I don't know what that means, relax?? Seriously, it's not in my blood...even when I plan a relaxing event, I end up making it a party or a big deal and that adds 10 things to my to-do list :)

*How do you make sure your a Rockin' Mama to your kiddos while running your own business? I hope to be showing my children many things with the Sugar Fairy. Every moment is a teachable moment. I want them to see hard work and dedication, to give more than 100% in everything you do, do it to the very best of your ability and don't cut corners...when you put your name on it make sure you are proud of the work. i hope they find a love for baking/cooking like their dad and I do...to me the way to the heart is through the stomach...I love to have lots of friends and family surrounding me and the sound of laughter, fun and love always revolves around the food table. I do think there is a balance, and no one in my family is obese :), but enjoy life. I hope they see my love for them. We spend most of our time in the kitchen and I try to involve them as much as possible in the process so that, even at work, we are still together.

*What is your biggest challenge as a work at home mama? Balance. That is my biggest challenge in everything...I am a work-a-holic and I can't say no. I always have to be aware of overdoing it.

*If you could go on vacation tomorrow where would it be and why? Hard one...depends on who I am going with. Anywhere my family is! i really want to go to Hawaii, I want to travel to other countries and see all of them. I also really want to go to Israel/Jerusalem and stand in the exact spot that Jesus stood. That would be cool!

*What is something people probably don't know about you? If you know me at all, you probably know all of it. I am an open book...no secrets with me.

*Do you have a website/shop/boutique? I don't have a website or a store? I work from home. To reach me, you can call, text, email or facebook. If you want to check out all of the pictures of my sweet treats go Facebook and in the search type in The Sugar Fairy...my profile picture is a pink polka dot page with a glittery princess on it. It says Laci Friend (there are a few sugar fairys on facebook) You can comment on my wall. My email is lacidfriend@yahoo.com.

Thank you so much Laci, that was fun! You are defiantly a ROCKIN' MAMA!!

xoxo, Lisa

ENTER AND WIN SCRUMPTIOUS SUGAR FAIRY TREATS!!

If you want to enter THE SUGAR FAIRY contest, Laci is giving away a dozen "sweet treats" ...all you have to do is give the Sugar Fairy some "LOVE"..."LIKE" the Sugar Fairy Facebook Fan page, browse through the pictures of her treats and share your love with a sweet comment on her wall to tell us your favorite design Laci has done on her treats (dont forget your name), then come back to my blog and post your comment with your name on here as well. A lucky guest will win a dozen Sugar Fairy treats! You must post the answer on my blog through the "comments" under this post and The Sugar Fairy "wall", in order to win. It's all about the love:) The LUCKY winner will be announced on here Tuesday November 9, so check back and find out if it's YOU!!

1 comment:

Mommy Movement Fitness said...

Love it Laci and Lisa! Love the name!!!